Tuesday, March 6, 2012

GAPS Intro Diet: The Big Delay

Argh to the world!  I had really hoped to be posting delicious GAPS recipes already but I had a bit of a set back.  I started the GAPS Intro Diet a few weeks ago and clearly wasn't ready for it.  For the first three days, I was stressed, hungry and angry.  Hungry and angry always go together with me.  As I started to fall apart a bit, I decided to reach out to people who have been through the process before.  I discovered a very helpful links, Health, Home & Happiness.  There's a lot of support on that website for starting the GAPS diet and an Intro Diet e-book for purchase.  I was so glad to learn that other families were having some difficulties with this diet.  I'm not alone!

The tips on the website were helpful.  I purchased the e-book but unfortunately, many of the recipes in it had components that I'm strongly allergic to at this time.  I would still recommend the book for some helpful hints.  The most helpful hint for me was to start backward - wean the family off gluten, then do the full GAPS diet and then the intro diet.  Since I'm allergic to many of the foods in the full GAPS diet, what I decided to do was eat my regular diet but increasingly introduce the foods from the intro plan.  It was a success!

After two weeks of adding GAPS Intro Diet approved foods, I'm now following the program about 95% of the time.  I'm finally ready to take the plunge.  Tomorrow, I start the full intro diet.  Tonight, I celebrate by saying goodbye to some of my favorite foods at an amazing restaurant.

Starting tomorrow, I'll be blogging daily about my experiences on the Intro Diet and after getting through the intro, start posting fast, easy and delicious recipes for the full GAPS protocol.

Sorry for the delay.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment